Other Niche Fields of Expertise/Experience
- Our lawyers advise numerous defence contractors, primarily in relation to their operations in Oman and procurement/contractual issues
- Many of our clients operate in the energy sector – the largest sector of Oman’s economy.al issues
Free Trade Agreements
- Our lawyers have assisted clients in establishing business entities under the Oman/US Free Trade Agreement and other Free Trade Agreements
- We have advised in relation to numerous hotel projects, including Integrated Tourist Resorts (ITC); we were heavily involved in the 2021 T20 Cricket World Cup which opened in Muscat including sponsorship agreements, broadcasting agreements, IP-related agreements, etc.
- We have particular expertise and experience in the insurance sector.
- Our dispute resolution team has been involved in numerous maritime claims acting for P&I Clubs, shipowners, charterers, cargo owners, etc. We have obtained ship arrest orders for clients and also orders for arrested ships to be released. We have good relations with all the Ports in Oman.
- We have significant experience in the mining sector, especially from a regulatory point of view.
- Our lawyers have assisted the Oman Government in a review of the current Maritime Law and in making proposals for the future of this sector.
- We advise in relation to both contentious and non-contentious tax issues.
- Our litigation team has advised numerous clients in relation to the recovery of debts, both recoveries from the debtor and recoveries pursuant to security provided by third parties such as personal guarantees, property charges, etc. We have many years’ experience working with the Courts’ Execution Office to enforce judgments and arbitral awards.